Putting in the hard work to get your business to a point where you can almost open its doors to customers is a feat in itself. But holding a successful grand opening requires more work. A grand opening can cause your business to catch fire and become the go-to place for all types of products and services that you offer. A successful grand opening requires strategies in marketing, customer service and general business.
Oregon Coast Event Rentals cam help you with the planning of the all important event. For Concepts, Press Releases, publicity, ribbon cutting to Thank you notes.
Grand Opening Step-by-Step Guide
STEP 1: Set Your Date and Time
• Allow plenty of time for planning, one or two months lead time is a good rule of thumb.
• Avoid major holidays. Take note of any government holidays and major sporting events.
• Check other local events by checking community calendars such as Chambers of Commerce and other
• Luncheon events are usually well attended. The best time for luncheons is between 11:30 am – 1:00
• After work events are also well attended, as they do not interfere with working hours. The best time
for post-work events is between 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm.
• Avoid mid-morning and mid-afternoon times.
• Set a rain date in advance if the weather is a factor.
STEP 2: Determine Grand Opening Activities
• Traditional events include a few speeches, a ribbon cutting, and some giveaways.
• Other activity ideas include: a tour, sign unveiling, exhibits (blue prints, machinery, etc.), recognition of
VIPs, music or other entertainment (radio station), a raffle or door prize (use raffle tickets to build
customer database), prize displays, refreshment stations – both drink and food.
• Open House- Casual event which lists several hours. Guests come and go informally and visit your
• Serving food and/or beverages is almost a necessity for a successful event.
1. Morning events – coffee, juice, fruit and pastries are usually sufficient.
2. At lunchtime events, serve some kind of sandwich or buffet meal.
3. During the late afternoon or early evening events, light hors d’oeuvres or finger foods are
appropriate. Chips, dips, cheeses, vegetable, fruit or cold-cut trays are ideal.
• Think out of the box, what would make your grand opening different?